One of the reasons behind moving to Hong Kong was the endless possibilities to explore Asia. However, life doesn’t always turn out as planned, and I found myself looking for Hong Kong staycations.
Of course, we’ve had our share of travels around up to the end of January when everything pretty much started closing down. I’ve spent 3 days in Seoul in the winter, had the perfect Da Nang itinerary for Christmas, and spent one week in Paradise on Koh Yao Noi island in Thailand.
However, we had to cancel our Kuala Lumpur weekend getaway for Easter, and all those plans to visit Taiwan and Japan in spring.
And what do you do when you find yourself stuck in one place? You look for the best staycation ideas.
What about feeling on vacation in the place you live in? That’s Hong Kong for us, and I’m surely going to appreciate this time spent discovering new incredible places here.
When I was looking for the best options for staycations in Hong Kong, the places that got on my list had to tick some important boxes:
- have a great pool and spa facilities
- enough dining options
- rooms with amazing views over the city or nature
If you’re like us and want to feel on holiday here and re-imagine your travel, check out my list of some of the best Hong Kong staycations to take into consideration next.
This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read more about it on our disclosure page here.
Check out also: Unique Airbnb in Hong Kong
Hong Kong Staycations
Ritz Carlton Hong Kong
The iconic hotel offers amazing staycation options, with free upgrades for HKID holders.
Gain access to the highest pool in the world and the fitness center – one of the famous Hong Kong Instagram spots, indulge on a daily buffet at The Lounge & Bar, and spend at least one night in one of the most impressive sky-high rooms.
When you want to go over the top with your Ritz experience, book your Harbour View Spa suite retreat and relax with a personalized spa treatment for 2, spa cuisine, and some private time with a breathtaking view of Hong Kong.
Or simply go for an afternoon tea experience with those bustling views.
Do you have kids? No problem, the Ritz has a great “Ritz Kids Night Safari” package including a great in-suite tent experience.
Dining options at The Ritz Carlton:
- Tosca di Angelo – delicious Italian cuisine with the highest view over Victoria Harbor, and a Michelin star
- Tin Lung Heen – two-Michelin stars Cantonese cuisine. Certainly one Dim Sum you must try in Hong Kong
- Ozone – come here for a bite, some sushi, great cocktails, or a brunch on a Sunday
- Cafe 103 – the ultimate afternoon tea experience at the 103rd floor with a view
- Almas caviar bar – start your night with some caviar and champagne or vodka
Address: International Commerce Centre (ICC), 1 Austin Rd W, Tsim Sha Tsui
Staycation offer: Starting at HK$3,230 per night you get a guaranteed room upgrade for HKID holder, Daily buffet at The Lounge & Bar; a glass of champagne at Ozone – the highest bar in the world, 20% savings at The Ritz-Carlton Spa and all of the restaurants on location.
Book your luxury staycation at the Ritz Carlton Hong Kong here!
Kerry Hotels in Hong Kong
The Island Shangri-La, Kowloon Shangri-La, and the Kerry Hotel all have great staycation offers for spending time with your family in town.
Their offers include an HKD 1,000 hotel credit per night to be used during your stay, free access to the fitness center and swimming pool, and some epic views no matter the hotel you choose.
Explore the area, indulge in some great cuisine, and relax at the spa.
The Kerry hotel has a great rooftop pool offering incredible views of the city.
The Island Shangri-La has a luxurious Health Club and Spa offering a range of personalized services including luxury wellness therapies, yoga classes, and also an outside swimming pool with iconic views.
Dining options at The Kerry Hotel:
- Hung Tong – contemporary Chinese dining with Victoria Harbor and Hong Kong Island views
- Dockyard – come here for drinks with a view and some quick bites with an Asia twist
- Bong – Italian restaurant where you can try some delicious 60-120-day dry-aged premium beef
Dining options at Island Shangri-La:
- Island Gourmet – heaven for pastries and chocolate lovers, they also serve all kinds of bread, sandwiches, cheese, and wine
- Lobster bar and grill – seafood at its best, with a live performance 6 nights out of 7
- Nadaman – the first iconic Japanese restaurant outside of Japan
- Petrus – fine-dining contemporary French cuisine
- Summer Palace – Michelin one-star Cantonese cuisine
- Waterside Terrace – an exotic restaurant by the pool serving tropical cocktails and Thai cuisine
Dining option at Kowloon Shangri-La:
- Angelini – stylish Italian cuisine serving dishes made with Italian ingredients and offering a wide wine selection
- Nadaman – Japan’s favored cuisines
- Shang Palace – two-Michelin star Cantonese cuisine
Price: From HKD 2,000 Average Per Night
The Kerry Hotel: 38 Hung Luen Road, Hung Hom Bay, Kowloon
Island Shangri-La: Supreme Ct Rd, Central
Kowloon Shangri-La: 64 Mody Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui
Book your staycation at The Kerry Hotel here!
Book your staycation at the Island Shangri-La here!
Book your staycation at the Kowloon Shangri-La here!
Four Seasons Hotel
Pictures courtesy of The Four Seasons Hotel
The Four Seasons hotel has a family staycation offer and you can make your reservation 1 day in advance in order to take advantage of it.
Their offer includes 20% off breakfast and in-room dining, complimentary connecting room for children up to 12 years old, spa activities available at a special rate, and many great kids activities.
If you don’t have kids, the hotel has other great offers designed just for you to take full advantage of an escape in town.
Two of my favorites are the Wellness Package and the “One trip, eight Michelin stars” package.
The first one focuses on wellness and will leave you relaxed and ready for a new challenge after 2 nights and incredible treatments and meals; while the second one is designed for the gourmand in you. Your stay will take you through all the marvelous Michelin star restaurants under one roof.
Dining options at the Four Seasons hotel:
- Caprice – 3 Michelin star French cuisine at its best
- Lung King Heen – world’s first Chinese restaurant with 3 Michelin stars
- The Lounge – taste some international favorites
- Blue Bar – an extensive cocktail list awaits you to try them during the evening, or come here for some great breakfast and lunch buffets
- Pool Terrace – light meals, healthy smoothies, with a harbor view
- Sushi Saito – amazingly fresh Japanese cuisine
Price: from HKD 3,280 per night
Address: 8 Finance St, Central
Book your staycation at the Four Seasons Hotel here!
Tai O Heritage Hotel
The Tai O Heritage Hotel has a long history behind it, and the building served as a police station since the early 1900s’.
In 2009, the old colonial building had been restored and serves now as a charming hotel where you will step back in time.
Step away from the crowds, and spend a perfect Hong Kong staycation on Lantau Island in this remote location and next to one of the oldest fishermen villages in Hong Kong, Tai O.
Dining options at Tai O Heritage Hotel:
- The Tai O Lookout – apart from the great menu, this restaurant has a unique design with a glass rooftop surrounded by greenery and a colonial-style decore.
Price: starting from HKD 1,330 per night
Address: Shek Tsai Po Street, Tai O, Lantau Island, Hong Kong
Book your staycation at Tai O Heritage Hotel here!
Gold Coast Hotel
Only 2 minutes away from the beach, the Gold Coast Hotel has plenty of activities especially for those with kids.
The hotel has also a Coast Yacht and Country Club, over 400 rooms, 5 restaurants, and palm’fringed swimming pool for those who prefer it over the beach.
Dining at the Gold Coast Hotel is easy and you can choose from 15 different restaurants and cafes.
Price: starting from HKD 640 per night depending on the period
Address: 1 Castle Peak Road, Castle Peak Bay, New Territories, Hong Kong
Book your staycation at the Gold Coast Hotel here!
Right in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui, the 1881 Heritage is actually the old Marine Police Headquarters restored and updated.
Steps away from many of the local tourist attractions and Victoria Harbour, the place is not only a lovely hotel but offers a lot of shipping opportunities.
Who wouldn’t love to spend a perfect staycation in this over 100 years old building brought to the current times right in the heart of Hong Kong?
Dining at 1881 Heritage:
- The Araki – extremely intimate sushi experience where you will have the chance to interact with the only Japanese chef with 3 Michelin stars both in London and in Tokyo
- Cafe Parlour – great afternoon tea experience, homemade cakes, and lots of classic international favorites
- Fortune Villa – a great Cantonese fine-dining restaurant
- Stable Steak House – serving high-quality meats, premium seafood, and award-winning wines
Price: starting at HKD 12,000
Address: 2A Canton Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui
Book your staycation at the House 1881 here!
Le Meridien Cyberport
A 5* hotel tucked away in a quiet green area on the Western part of Hong Kong Island.
Plan a staycation in one of their spacious rooms, with ocean views or nature views towards the Peak.
Take a swim in the outdoor swimming pool, or spend some time in the 24-hours fitness center. However, I would plan an escape at Le Meridien Cyberport only for the marvelous views that bring tranquility and the chance to unplug.
Dining at Le Meridien Cyberport:
- Prompt Bistro – French cuisine in a perfect setting, but I would always go for the Champagne Sunday brunch
- Nam Fong – Cantonese cuisine and some great dim sum
- Umami -authentic Japanese sushi
- PSI Bar / Podium – small international snacks and great cocktails
Price: starting from HKD 1,000, but they offer also staycation packages including breakfast, sparkling wine, food, and beverages credit.
Address: 100 Cyberport Rd, Telegraph Bay
Book your staycation at Le Meridien Cyberport here!
Auberge Discovery Bay
Escape the city with a stay in Discovery Bay, pamper yourself at the award-winning SPA, swim in the open-air swimming pool, and enjoy one of the best Hong Kong staycations.
Their “Take a break with us” package is perfect for those looking for an escape close to the beach and nature, including accommodation and buffet breakfast for 2. However, they also have other options that caught my attention such as the Yoga Escape Package, or the Spa Pampering Package.
Dining at Auberge Discovery Bay:
- Café bord de Mer & Lounge – a relaxing dining experience throughout the day
- The Bounty Entertainment & Sports Bar – live sports and a VIP room
Price: starting at HKD 990 per night
Address: 88 Siena Avenue, Discovery Bay, Lantau Island
Book your staycation at the Auberge Discovery Bay here!
Come to the InterContinental not only for the stunning views and amazing rooms they have but also for the unique I-SPA. Book a private spa suite and enjoy your own sauna, steam shower, whirlpool bathtub, and massage facilities.
Its perfect location right next to the K11 Musea, rooms with amazing views, and the swimming pool, are only a few of the reasons you will want to choose InterContinental for your staycation in Hong Kong.
Dining at the InterContinental:
- Nobu – a unique Japanese restaurant
- Yan Toh Heen – one of the world’s finest Chinese restaurants, with a Cantonese flavor
- The Steakhouse – heaven for meat lovers, with steaks perfectly done only on a charcoal grill
- Harbourside – right by Victoria Harbor, this is the place you’ll find all-day meals, both International and Asian
Price: starting at HKD 1,496
Address: No. 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Book your staycation at InterContinental Hong Kong here!
Hyatt Centric & Hyatt Sha Tin
When you will choose to spend your staycation at one of these two Hyatt hotels, you will choose a 5* escape.
The Hyatt Centric is located close to the city center, right by the sea, with stunning views from all of its rooms. The infinity rooftop pool offers a corner of relaxation with a drink in hand and the whole of Hong Kong at your feet.
On the other hand, the Hyatt Regency Sha Tin is more a refreshing urban resort really close to an MTR station. The hotel has an outdoor heated swimming pool with a calming mountain view, a fitness center, a spa, and the Hyatt camp perfect when you bring your kids along.
Dining at Hyatt Centric:
- The Farmhouse – offering gourmet dishes, local favorites, and international delicacies
- Cruise – the rooftop restaurant with an open-air terrace is built with a cruise ship in mind and will take you through different Asian ports with its dishes.
- The Farmhouse Deli – come here for one of the best coffees in Hong Kong, and enjoy some amazing pastries or sandwiches while you’re here
Dining at Hyatt Recency Sha Tin:
- Sha Tin 18 – some here for some authentic Dongguan and northern Chinese cuisine
- Cafe – all-day dining restaurant serving international delicacies
- Patisserie – delicious cakes, pastries, and much more
Price: starting from HKD 900
Hyatt Centric Victoria Harbor – 1 North Point Estate Ln, North Point
Hyatt Regency Sha Tin – 18 Chak Cheung St, Ma Liu Shui
Book your staycation at the Hyatt Centric here!
Book your staycation at Hyatt Sha Tin here!
The Pier Hotel
One of the few hotels set in the “back-garden” of Hong Kong, the Pier Hotel is perfect for when you want to explore Sai Kung and spend the night in the area.
Located in Pak Sha Wan, during your stay here, you can explore the hidden local beaches, fishing villages, and maybe even go for some hikes.
On top of that, the hotel offers a rooftop garden, a rooftop swimming pool, and a fitness center.
Dining at The Pier Hotel:
- Wa Theater Restaurant – state-of-the-art Japanese cuisine
- BBQ and Beach club at Sha Ha
Price: starting at HKD 1,365
Address: 9號 Pak Shan Wan St, Sai Kung
Book your staycation at the Pier hotel here!
Plan your “Bliss and Brunch” escape in the heart of Hong Kong at the Conrad Hotel. Located right in the heart of Hong Kong Island, this is the staycation you’ll want to book if you’re in the look for a foodie experience.
Apart from the stunning city views, you’ll have from your window, enchant your taste buds with complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening cocktails for two.
On top of that, included in the price you’ll have a Free-Flow Champagne Saturday or Sunday Brunch for two!
It all comes with a decent price tag at HK2,400+ for Friday arrival and HK$2,800+ for Saturday and Sunday arrivals. (price for two adults).
The good news is that you can also check out the offer available on Klook here!
One of the most popular staycation experiences in Hong Kong is provided by the luxurious Peninsula Hotel in TST.
“The Eight Loves of Peninsula” is a journey for the mind and body. On top of accommodation in one of the exquisite rooms in the hotel, you get breakfast for two, HK$500 hotel credit for use at hotel restaurants, bar, and The Spa, another HK$500 hotel credit to use at a future visit, and a one-way limousine transfer!
In addition, if that wasn’t already something, you can choose from one of the extra activities on display:
- Love of Food – a cooking class
- Love of Art – a tour of Leica’s f22 salon ending with photos on the helipad
- Love of Exploration – a hike to the Peak with the Peak Tram and access to the Sky Terrace
- Love of Entertainment – classic movie screenings
- Love of Fashion & Culture – a cheongsam-inspired costume fashion photography experience
- Love of Wellness – workout with a lululemon professional trainer with an amazing view
- Love of Transportation – aviation history tour and visit to the hotel’s helipad for photo
- Love of Community program in support of local charities
The price starts at HK$3,880 for a Deluxe Room and from HK$5,880 for a Superior Suite, with a second night or second room at 50% off the room rate.
Book your staycation at the Peninsula Hotel here!
[…] out these Hong Kong staycations and plan the perfect city […]
[…] picking a place to stay in Hong Kong, I would highly recommend booking a room with a harbor view because it is hard to find one just […]