Early Spring is the perfect time to plan you Summer vacation (in my case, every day is a perfect time to plan a Summer vacation, considering the fact that somewhere out there you will always find a place where is Summer, but let’s not focus on that now :p) and why not start today and take into consideration Corfu as you next Summer destination?
Get some inspiration on Thassos Island as well
But why Corfu?
Well, because I have been there some years ago on a chill trip with one of my bffs, in early September and this is what I’ve learned:
- The weather is just perfect – not to hot nor cold, with averages at around 23°C and maximums of 28°C, it offers the right conditions for staying at the beach all day long without melting
- It is not that crowded – ok, some areas of the island will get crowded (Corfu Town for example), but the little village we’ve stayed in ( Agios Gordios) was actually very airy. This way, you won’t have to worry about finding a place on the beach, stepping on anyone’s toes in the souvenir shops or finding a table for lunch
- It is cheaper – you can find incredible hotels at a lot cheaper prices that in high season
- You’ll find the perfect destination for relaxation – especially with the lower number of tourists in the period, don’t expect a lot of entertainment going on, but it sure is the place to be if you want to disconnect from the hectic life you usually have
- It’s close to the European continent, making it easy to reach by car, but it has also an international airport
- It has beaches for everyone – you can find also nudist beaches on the island (in Agios Gordios for example) if you are into that kind of thing
- People are very friendly
- It is a location appropriate for all kinds of travels: group travels, couples, families or besties
- There is a cat for everyone :)) I’m a big cat lover and of course, you are in Greece so expect a lot of cats everywhere
I personally liked Corfu very much and I think the vacation there was one of the most relaxing ones I’ve ever had. Staying in a bungalow overlooking the sea, on a hill; the incredible light Greek food cooked at the hotel with plenty of vegetables and fruits to choose from (even if I gained a few kg, from the pastry); the sandy beaches and the clear blue water; the one day trip to the versatile Corfu City; the trip from the continent to the island on the ferry, it all contributed to the success of the holiday and what made me recommend you to give it a try!
When to visit Corfu?
Early September would be just perfect. And if you cannot wait until then, May is as good of a choice. What do you say, does it sound good enough?