I’m sure that if you have reached my pretty (I certainly hope) little page here you are a more or less travel addict, like myself. And when you plan your next trip(s) how do you go about finding the right places to visit, having all the right ideas and knowing where exactly to go? You’ve got it, mainly in order to live the city/country to the fullest and not leave anything untested or undiscovered, but also to fulfill that secret desire you hold dear in your heart: come back home with a phone/camera full of incredible pictures I usually do tons of research.
While having the right type of phone or camera helps a lot, in most cases it is the location that does the trick and counts the most. And how do you find this picture perfect locations? Let me tell you about my way of doing things:
- Pinterest – this social platform plays a huge role when I’m setting up my itinerary and the checklist for a certain destination. All the “Top X places to visit” type of articles available here from all over the world come in really handy when I start doing my plans. This point is of course linked to other travel blogs since on Pinterest is where I follow most of my favorite travel bloggers out there.
- Friends & Family – I ask and obtain all the information I can from all the people I know who have already been to the place I am going to visit. This can become really tricky because people are different and have different perceptions about things and sometimes without realizing it you create an opinion and some expectations about a certain place. before even getting there. And I prefer seeing things with my own eyes and building my own impression.
- Facebook – and that is, Check in’s. I’m sure you do it too, scrolling down on Facebook, looking at different pictures in different locations and thinking to yourself “uh, this place is lovely, I wanna go there!”. I never do that! Just kidding, as a matter of fact, I did it this morning, and I’m planning to visit that place next week when I will be in Bulgaria.
- Instagram – I left the best for last because it is true, Instagram has become in the last years the main driver when it comes to locations. Everyone is crazy about having Instagram perfect pictures, bright colors, minimalistic, facing away from the camera, impressive landscapes, cool food, you name it. And I have to admit I’m guilty as charged because in the last 2 years or so, I have found a lot of great places only by scrolling through Instagram and every time I am planning to go somewhere new the firsts thing I do is look at the pictures people post in that particular location.
Usually, whenever I take a trip I try to blend in all of the above and I recommend you do the same but don’t forget to also let yourself get lost as well while on location, step outside the beaten path because there is where you will find all the hidden gems, those will be the experiences you will remember most after years and years.
So here are the top 5 “Instagram – perfect” places I have discovered in Cyprus by following the above wells of information:
- Protaras – Fig Tree Beach: Recommended by a friend and widely spread on Pinterest, this is one of the greatest beaches on the island, or at least out of the ones I have gone to. From the clear turquoise water to the sandy beach and the lovely restaurants along the sea, here you will certainly have many opportunities of capturing great pictures.
- Konnos Bay – another place recommended by a local, but where we got to without actually knowing where we were going :)) We kind of just stepped outside the Airbnb we were renting and decided to go searching for the beach and a nice place where to eat. And there it was, this incredible location with great fresh Cypriot food, overlooking the lovely Konnos Bay, making it a perfect scenery for both breakfast/brunch and dinner. And of course, Instagram.
View this post on Instagram
[NEW BLOG POST] Admiring the boats coming and going, indulging in delicious Cypriot food, spending endless days under the sun and endless nights partying.. this is how a holiday in Cyprus might look like. And that's not all, if you feel curious check out the new blog post, link in bio ☕️🇨🇾🌴☀️🍓🍧
3. Cape Greko – only a few kilometers away from Konnos Bay, you will find this heavenly spot where you will feel on the top of the world indeed. The only problem you will encounter will be leaving it behind, because of all the picture potential it holds 🙂
4. ON the Sea – ok, this is not one particular spot on land, it can be anywhere but when you’re on the sea you can capture the natural beauty of the island from afar while also admiring in fascination the different colors the water hides. I have to admit this was a tour we discovered on location when we were handed flyers for the half day cruises along the coast of Cyprus and felt this is something we need to do.
5. Cape Greco National Park – with its many trails and benches where you can stop either to regain your breath, refresh yourself (just make sure you bring water because there won’t be many places from where to buy it) or simply to take some awesome pictures, this is a place to visit for sure. And have features on your Instagram of course.
So here you have it, my top 5 “Instagram – perfect” spots in Cyprus, do you know any other spots I’ve missed and I need to get back to the island to discover? Leave me a comment and I’ll put them on my list 🙂