After I’ve visited Seul at the end of 2019, I’ve developed an obsession for all the Korean skincare products. Even though I love most of them and I’ve learned a lot about the Korean skincare routine, there’s one product, in particular, I find really useful. Thus, that’s what I’m going to talk to you today in this Innisfree sheet mask review.
I don’t want to hide the fact that I came back from the trip with my luggage filled with products, especially sheet masks. My skin is usually dry and I’ve been fighting with this for so many years without finding a real solution, especially in the cold season. However, the one brand that I liked in particular and found really good for my skin, helping me stay hydrated for longer, was Innisfree.
After months of using their products, I think it is safe to say I can share with you a comprehensive review. One that will answer all your questions and, hopefully, convince you to try the My Real Squeeze masks.
If you decide to order them, I strongly recommend doing it on Yesstyle.com. That’s where I normally get my Korean cosmetics from, here in Hong Kong. They have free shipping for orders over a certain amount, they ship everywhere in the world, and they always have great offers and discounts. On top of that, when you order by clicking this link you’ll get an extra 10% off your first order, and 4% off on your next orders.
This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read more about it on our disclosure page here.
My Innisfree sheet mask review
Benefits of the Korean sheet masks
Why would you choose a sheet mask over another type you ask?
With around 10 steps in the Korean beauty routine, they put a special emphasis on keeping your skin hydrated for longer. The tissue mask allows your skin to absorb the essence or serum properly, having a great impact on the softness and plumpness of your skin.
Give your skin what it’s craving, and stop your hectic day for 15 to 20 minutes for a moment of relaxation and indulgence. If you don’t find the time through the day, you can always sleep with the mask on and wake up with a brighter and more moisturized complexion.
My Real Squeeze Mask EX is the perfect option for any kind of skin.
The tissue is made from 100% biodegradable Eucalyptus fibers and has an easy-peel design I find easy to use.
They are easy to carry with you even when you travel and would always make on my list of the best beauty products to have in my travel kit.
All the ingredients used in the production of the My Real Squeeze Mask EX masks are obtained by using the Cold Brew Squeeze Process – which extracts the nutrients without affecting them in any negative way.
Where can you find them?
The ingredients are different from one mask to the other, but the brand’s concept emphasizes nature and eco-friendly practices. Thus, all the ingredients you’ll find in the Innisfree sheet masks are extracted from nature and handled with care so that they can help you and your skin.
Texture and Purpose
The My Real Squeeze Mask EX comes in 3 textures, for 3 different levels of hydration:
- Water base: light & fresh – Bamboo, Green Tea, Tea Tree, Lime, Rose
- Essence base: deeply hydrating – Cucumber, Aloe, Manuka Honey, Pomegranate, Fig
- Cream base: intensely nourishing – Acai Berry, Rice, Coconut, Ginseng
Of course, each mask has different properties and purposes depending on its main ingredients:
- Aloe – enriches with moisture-rich aloe, helps to relieve tired skin;
- Green Tea – enriched with fresh moisture from green tea, keeps dry skin moisturized;
- Cucumber – with cucumber abundant moisture, helps the skin to be clear and fresh;
- Bamboo – helps with damaged skin and prevents dry skin effects;
- Manuka Honey – collected from the manuka tree flowers in a clean area in New Zealand, this mask is perfect for healthy and shiny skin. It is rich in antioxidants and has antibacterial properties that help with blemished skin;
- Pomegranate – a rich source of vitamin C, this mask has a wrinkle improvement function and helps with collagen stimulation;
- Lime – with citric acid, this mask is very popular in Asia because it plays a whitening function;
- Rose – contains fragrant rose ingredients to moisturize and smoothen the skin texture;
- Acai Berry – rich nutrients and antioxidants, restores skin elasticity;
- Rice – clears dull skin and anti-aging, rich in antioxidants, helps with dark age spots and acne;
- Fig – nourishing, antioxidant-rich face mask, keeps the skin clear and vibrant;
- Ginseng – improves the vitality of tiered skin, anti-aging properties.
My Innisfree sheet mask review
As I’ve said in the beginning, before coming to Hong Kong I had tested only a few sheet masks back home and I wasn’t impressed.
However, I was surprised to find the huge market for such products here in Hong Kong, and even more in their motherland – Korea.
I thought I should give them a try and purchased many kinds from many different brands, and tested them through the months.
After 6 months of testing, I can safely say the My Real Squeeze Mask EX with Aloe and Tea Tree are my favorite ones. Even though they have different types of texture (one is essence, the other water) I’ve found that my skin reacts very well to both of their light and hydrating moisture.
I like that the tissue adheres very well to the face and does not slip off (as I’ve experienced with other brands), the amount of essence in the package is more than enough, and what’s left I usually spread on my neck, cleavage, and hands.
I normally use a mask every other day, or whenever I need it the most. For example, I got a part of my face skin burnt at the beach and very irritated because of the surgical face mask I’ve been wearing these past months. I applied one of the Aloe sheet masks before I went to bed, and the next day my skin was brand new.
It is worth noticing that I don’t always follow the 15-20 minute rule and I usually keep the mask on until it gets completely dry and all the serum has been absorbed in my skin. That’s easy to do if you apply it before you go to sleep.
After a few months of use, I no longer see the lines on my forehead and my skin is glowing and kept its glow also in the cold Seoul weather in December.
In conclusion, I think the My Real Squeeze Mask EX is a great option if you are looking for a good price-quality ratio.
- many options to choose from
- eco-friendly company – the first natural K-beauty brand
- biodegradable fibers used for the tissue
- easy to apply and use
- really nourishing
- it has a light scent that I personally enjoy, but that people with allergies might have problems with
Alternative sheet masks from Innisfree
The Skin Clinic Mask
The 100% cotton sheet of the Skin Clinic Mask helps to provide targeted care for a range of skin concerns from dryness and irritation to signs of early aging.
It comes in 7 different types, infused with powerful ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, catechins, collagen, BHA, peptides, Vitamin C, and panthenol.
I particularly like the Collagen one and the one with hyaluronic acid, that do wanders on my dehydrated skin.
Don’t forget about the discount code “ZENMOMENTS” you’ll get an extra 5% off your first order, and 2% off on your next orders on Yesstyle.com. By clicking this link, your discount will double – 10% on your first order and 4% on the next ones.
Innisfree Second Skin Mask
Their only bio mask, made from a Jeju fermented soybean, and a bio-cellulose sheet that adheres seamlessly like a second skin. You need to handle with care when you apply it because it might get stuck together.
Even though at first it felt a bit strange, this is exactly like a second skin and I felt it really easy to wear it. I’ve tried the moisturizing one and I’m pretty happy with the results.
It comes in 4 types (moisturizing, brightening, firming, soothing) and increases skin moisture, improves skin elasticity, and transparency.
PIN FOR LATER!