When it comes to living your best life, having a schedule, and incorporating feel-good activities goes a long way. Not only having a morning routine will help, but ending your day right will do the trick as well.
I know that we might not always have the time for all these 10 steps, but trust me when I say that you will feel better if you at least do some.
“Mindset, habits, and routines are the building blocks for success towards your wellness goals” – Robyn Conely Downs
As soon as work is done, you owe it to yourself to get disconnected and recharge. A routine that might seem a lot to start with, will soon turn into a norm, and you’ll find yourself looking forward to your evenings.
No matter if you work in an office, and especially when you work from home, you will need to go through a flow that will guide you towards more quality time, less stress and anxiety. It’s amazing what you will discover that you can attract, only by the power of your intentions and thoughts.
“Stop trying to calm the storm. Calm yourself. The storm will pass”
This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Read more about it on our disclosure page here.
10 evening habits to increase well-being
I might sound like a broken record, but your skin is so important, and if you only incorporate one step out of these evening habits, let it be this one.
Even though a complete skincare routine might be comprised of up to 10 steps, there are a few of them crucial to the health and look of your skin.
Skincare is like dieting. You have to invest time and effort. There is no instant miracle cure!
Never skip removing your makeup. Cleaning your skin should be the first thing you do as you get home, and using the best product for your skin goes a long way.
If you wear make-up you should take the following 2 steps in order to properly clean your face:
- Remove make-up with refreshing micellar water that will leave your skin free of makeup residues and refreshed without feeling tight.
- Double clean the face with a washing foam or a cleansing oil perfect for dry skin.
Every now and then, you’ll want to add a soft peeling to your skin, that will remove all the dead cells and make your skin brighter. Don’t overdo it and choose to do it in the evening so that you don’t risk having a rush on your face during the day if your skin is more sensible.
Once your skin is clean, it is time to nurture it with a great serum and/or essence. I’ve been devouring Kbeauty products lately, and my favorite serum so far is this one, while a great essence is the one with green tea suitable especially for sensitive and dry skin.
An extra step for the days when you want to pamper yourself is applying a sheet mask. You can read the full review of my all-time favorite masks here, and give them a try.
One all is done, apply a good moisturizing cream and trust me, your skin will thank you after a few weeks of this.
All things are possible with great skin!
15 Minutes of Yoga
Some years ago I used to push myself so hard and would hit the gym at least 5 times per week without any great results. Fast forward to life after yoga, and I can say I’m not only more flexible but practicing at least 15 minutes every day improves wellbeing and fights anxiety.
Peaceful mind, grateful heart.
Remember that yoga is not only about touching your toes or staying in those cool positions, it is mostly about finding balance in your body and mind.
You don’t have to spend money on a yoga subscription of you don’t want to. There are plenty of free (or almost free) resources out there, that will guide you through your yoga journey.
Read next: Luxury Yoga and Wellness retreats in the US
Here are my favorite yoga instructors I’ve practiced with throughout the years:
- Kino Yoga
- Yoga Girl
- Yoga by Candace
- Laruga Yoga – she has some free videos for inspiration, but also a program on Ashtanga step by step, with 28 videos taking you through the whole practice.
Meditate with some essential oils in a diffuser
Sure, this can be an extension of yoga, but you can practice meditation without the body flow yoga brings.
Quiet the mind and the soul will speak
I won’t lie to you and tell you that it’s easy, meditation it’s not easy. It is hard to control the mind and not let it get lost in its thoughts. It is hard to forget about the struggles, the problems, or the simple things that bring anxiety into our lives on a daily basis.
But by practicing meditation, you’ll get there, one day at a time. One meditation at the time.
As a support for your practice, use aromatherapy for a feel-good mood – I have this diffuser and use it daily, especially with some citrus essential oils that always boost up my mood. I also love lavender, Serenity, Motivate, and Balance.
The brain is like a sponge and will absorb all kinds of information as long as you let it and guide it towards it.
I know at the end of the day you might feel tired and think that your head might explode if you expose it to yet another set of new information.
However, by listening to something that brings you joy and helps you grow in a different way than your current job does, you’ll feel relaxed and improve wellness.
I love listening to some podcasts that deal with business, social media, but also some that target the fight with anxiety, wellbeing, and the pursuit of happiness:
- How I built this – listening to some of the most successful entrepreneurs out there and their stories always gets me motivated to accomplish more, and gives me that “I can do this” attitude.
- Invisibilia – Latin for invisible things, talks about the unseeable forces that control human behavior and shape our ideas, beliefs, and assumptions.
- Simple Pin Podcast – I’ve learned so many useful things on Pinterest marketing by listening to Kate’s podcast. I often go back to certain episodes for refreshers. Check out my Pinterest marketing strategy here.
- Earn your Happy podcast – well, the name pretty much says it all. Such a great podcast to start your day with.
- Yoga Girl conversations from the heart podcast – if you follow her on Instagram you know she’s all about creating that lovely life, acceptance, and love. “The light you are seeking is within your own heart”
- The Travel Diaries – The Travel Diaries is a weekly interview series where entertainment and travel journalist Holly Rubenstein chats to a special guest about the travel experiences that have shaped their lives and their adventures around the world.
Don’t forget about the “me time”
This doesn’t have to mean a lot, because we find joy in the small and simple things in life.
No matter if you choose to watch a movie, read an interesting book, learn a new skill by watching some tutorials, or taking an online class, these are all things that will bring relaxation into your life.
If you prefer to listen to your books, here is an excellent resource where you will find anything and everything. From audibles by Robin Sharma to Tony Robbins and Oprah Winfrey, you’ll find all you need to succeed in your career, find motivation and inspiration, or anything you are looking for. You get a 7-day free trial so why don’t you give it a try?
Where you are a year from now is a reflection of the choices you choose to make right now.
Drink some calming tea
Something that will help you relax and sleep better, like a blend of chamomile and lavender.
I’m a big fan of the Yogi Tea and they have all kinds of blends perfect for calming your mind and soul. It is always fun to see their quotes and this can also be a daily game.
Eat something light
Just do it at least 2 hours before you go to bed.
A salad, some fruit, a hearty dish that provides all the great nutrients and vitamins without a huge number of calories. There are plenty of options out there, but you’ll have to leave enough time for your stomach to do the work and digest everything.
If you go to bed with a full stomach, chances are you won’t have a good night’s sleep.
Read next: Stay productive when you work from home
Hold yourself accountable
Keep a journal, track your thoughts, ideas, feelings.
Choose a pretty diary that will make it more fun to use, and come back daily and write everything you are happy about, what you would improve, how you will do that.
Stay positive and keep an open mind, and anything could happen. It is nice to come back after some time and see where you were months ago, and where you got to.
Don’t give up, just continue working on your dreams and on your wellbeing!
Do a SPA day/evening
Allow yourself the ultimate pampering and plan a SPA evening. You don’t have to leave your house for that or spend tons of money on the products.
With a hectic schedule and so many things on your head, everyone deserves a spa day at home at least, and some “me” time.
Slip into a comfortable robe (or this beautiful flowery kimono), put on some chill background music or listen to the waves, rain, or forest sounds.
There are plenty of great Korean products that have amazing results and come for affordable prices. Here are just a few of the things you might want to consider for your SPA day:
- A great lavender home SPA kit that includes Bath Bombs, Shampoo Bar, Eye Mask, Shower Gel, Bubble Bath, Salts, Body Scrub Lotion.
- Use a jade facial roller to serum and essences into your skin. It comes in handy also while you have your sheet mask on to increase their effectiveness. It reduces puffiness and improves blood circulation, helping decrease wrinkles.
- Body scrubs are great for massaging your skin, removing the dead cells and dull skin. I love a good coffee scrub that softens and moisturizes, helps reduce cellulite, reduces blemishes, and detoxifies the skin.
- Give your hair some love with a great hair mask and treatment that will relink the broken bonds in every type of hair providing real, structural repair that works from within.
- For some extra relaxation points, use a scalp massager – gently massage your scalp as you wash, helping boost circulation and aid the ingredients of your shampoo.
Go to bed at the same time and improve your sleep
Having a sleeping routine will improve the quality of your sleep and will help you wake up more rested and relaxed.
Use an app to monitor your sleep and find ways to reduce potential distractions.
PIN FOR LATER!