For some, blogging is a hobby, but for others, it’s their job. Ever since I’ve started blogging seriously, and seeing it as a business, I’ve realized there are plenty of expenses involved. That’s why I encourage you to choose some of these blogging gifts for that blogger in your life. They will surely appreciate it!
Of course, as bloggers, we always try to make the best investments and spend our money on the things that matter most. But most of the time, you need to spend money in order to make money. And there are those things that you cannot work without, and the things that would be good to have, but you cannot get yourself to spend the money.
For example, as a travel blogger, most of my expenses are travel related. However, there are lots of other expenses I haven’t thought about in the beginning, and I will share it with you now.
No matter what you will choose from this list, I assure you, these will all be highly appreciated.
This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Read more about it on our disclosure page here.
Great blogging gifts – make the blogger in your life smile
Honestly, any kind of photography gear would be appreciated by any blogger. No matter if your friend is in travel, lifestyle, food, or any kind of other blogging.
Bloggers don’t always need the best camera on the market in order to create great content. For example, I’ve first started using a really old DSLR camera. It helped me to take nice pictures, but it was bulky and hard to handle. Eventually, I’ve decided to invest in a new mirrorless camera and I cannot be happier with my choice.
I’ve chosen a Sony Alpha a6000 camera that is small, easy to carry around, and produces great pictures.
However, once you start digging into photography as a blogger, you will always appreciate any additional gear to help you out. Thus, here are a few ideas of photography blogging gifts you can choose from:
- DSLR or mirrorless camera lenses
- Smartphone attachable lenses
- camera wireless remote control
Photography classes and editing tools
And since we’re at it, you shouldn’t imagine a blogger starts taking pictures and they become amazing all of a sudden. No, there’s plenty of studying involved, lots of time and money invested in training and tutorials.
Of course, there are plenty of free resources out there on YouTube, but they often provide just an overview. That’s why a blogger will always appreciate a well structured and comprehensive training.
Here are a few options I’ve taken and I found to be useful:
- The Photography Ultimate Bundle – 2 eCourses, 6 eBooks, templates & presets that will help any blogger no matter the stage she/he is at when it comes to photography. The other great thing about it is that you don’t have to go through it in a certain period of time, they can just plan according to their schedule.
- Skillshare – this is a platform where you can find pretty much any type of training material, but especially photography stuff. From mastering that perfect flatlay, to creating Instagram magic, your blogger friend will find something interesting. You will also get 2 months free by using this link!
On the other hand, there are the editing tools any blogger will come to use if they want to make magic. Here are the tools I use on a daily basis and I couldn’t stop from recommending to others as well:
- Adobe Lightroom – the most professional tool out there, suitable for people who don’t what to get into Photoshop. Of course, I’ve taken many courses and watched countless tutorials in order to up my Lightroom game. That’s why a one-year subscription would go hand in hand with training from the above one.
- Canva PRO – a tool that any blogger will want to use for its Pinterest game. By using Canva it is so easy to create eye-catching pins that will boost your traffic, but not only that. It is so easy to create all kinds of banners and pictures that they will, later on, use for their social media shares or on the page.
- Picmonkey – an alternative to Canva, offering tons of templates and photo editing tools great for bloggers.
Get some inspiration also from: Gifts for Italy lovers!
A GoPro or an underwater camera
Particularly appealing for travel bloggers, this is something I’ve always wanted, and to be honest, I still don’t have. However, it’s on my list for this year’s birthday.
I think there’s so much you can do with a GoPro especially today when everything is very video-oriented.
Another option, more affordable but yet comparable, is the SJCAM. I have heard about it when I moved to Hong Kong, and I am thinking to buy one for the future Asia trips we will be taking.
Similarly, another small waterproof camera that won’t be as suitable for video content, is the Panasonic Lumix. It comes in different colors, is small enough, and very affordable as a gift.
Props for that super cool flatlay
When you see all those flatlays you would not think about all the work that goes behind them. I also thought it is so easy just to throw some things on the table and start taking pictures. But it’s not like that.
It takes a lot of time, patience, and also some great props that will facilitate the process. A marble background is any blogger’s or Instagrammer’s dream, while there are some other props as well that would come in handy.
A great blog theme
Let me tell you one thing: I’ve had a free theme for so many years. And I wish I would have invested and bought a theme from the beginning.
It is so hard to customize a free theme, and it will never look like what you have in mind. At the end of the day, if you want to make a great blogging gift, buy a theme!
I absolutely love my girly, airy, fresh theme, and there are plenty of other options on 17th Avenue. Check them out and choose your perfect gift.
Another game-changer is the hosting provider. Especially as a blogger starts to think about monetizing its work, they will need to self-host the blog in order to add different plugins and code.
I don’t think there’s any blogger out there who would say no to the gift of hosting. The options are usually multi-year packages, that will take one problem off their shoulders for some time.
Here are 2 great options you should look into:
- A2 Hosting – this my current hosting provider and I absolutely love it. It was super easy to have it migrated from my previous hosting, they did it all, and they have always been very responsive to my inquiries. On top of that, my site speed has improved since I’ve made the switch. The cheapest plan starts from 2.99 USD/month and that would be perfect for a starter blogger.
- BlueHost – this is another great option I was looking into when I was analyzing the best hosting service I should choose. I’ve done a lot of research and have asked many specialists for their opinions, spent hours reading discussions on Facebook groups, and most of the people recommended BlueHost. They have 30-days money back guaranteed, and I know many bloggers that use their services and recommend them. And it starts from only 2.95 USD/month! Check it out!
An email subscription tool
As a blogger starts to become serious about looking at the blog as a business, having an email list will become crucial. However, that triggers another cost.
Of course, there are great tools that start with a free plan, but as they gather people on the list, they will need to pay for the service.
Introducing, the email subscription gift! Trust me, before committing to one service provider for my email list, I did a lot of research and read a lot of reviews. You know, I did the work for you because I had to do it and make a decision myself.
Thus, here are 2 of the best subscription tools that fall under the affordable line:
- Mailerlite – the email provider I’m currently using. Why do I recommend it? Well, because a blogger gets a free account for the first 1000 subscribers and can send up to 12.000 emails every month. On the other hand, the upgrades are not so expensive, and they have a lot of automation tools that can be used. It is easy to use and they have lots of tutorials that will help anyone to get started. Check it out here!
- ConvertKit – their free plan covers up to 500 subscribers, but they don’t provide reporting. Upgrading starts from 29 USD/month and varies based on the number of subscribers. I’ve read many great things about it, and many bloggers out there use it successfully.
Desk equipment or something for the home office
One of the most important things for staying productive and focused while working from home as a blogger is to create a cozy, clear workspace. Needless to say, you can contribute to that with a thoughtful gift.
On top of the useful thing for an office, you can always look for things that would make the space nicer and create inspiration. Stuff like a framed map to put on the wall, some inspirational quotes posters, might just do the trick.
A blogging or Pinterest training or ebook
Blogging, like any other field, is not something you just start doing and hope for results. It takes a lot of time, and some money, in order to learn about the process. There are tons of free resources out there, some are useful, some are just hints to the solutions and way of working.
I know better than anyone that looking for the cheap way will delay you months, if not years, and make that objective further away.
That’s why I wholeheartedly recommend you to make the gift of knowledge. There are some great ebooks and courses out there, that will make anyone successful. Here are my favorite ones, those that made me step up my game and I would recommend to anyone:
- SEO – the Make Traffic Happen books have helped me a lot in learning the nitty-gritty about SEO.
- Monetizing the blog – Sharon is my ultimate source for anything related to monetization. Her Build Blog Freedom training is the best out there and is so worth the investment. She has a lot of results in many niches to prove that there are not only words but also results.
Another great option for monetization with Amazon is this one from Maria from the Chic Pursuit. She always manages to explain all the technical stuff so easily and your friend could start to apply everything in the ebook immediately. It is also a much more affordable gift option.
- Pinterest – I must admit it took me a while to understand the true power of Pinterest and what a game-changer could be for any type of content. There are people out there who have 90% of their traffic from Pinterest and make their living out of it. I’ve finally come up with a Pinterest for bloggers strategy I use myself after purchasing this ebook that helped me explode my traffic by correctly using the platform. This is another example of a great resource that is both affordable and packed with super useful information.
- The Ultimate Bundles – tons of great valuable information bundled together and sold at a hugely discounted price. You’ll find something for anyone and for any problem. From the Genius Bloggers Toolkit to Ultimate Productivity Bundle or many more they have available throughout the year, you simply cannot get more than this.
A keyword subscription
I honestly just wasted my time blogging before starting to use Keysearch. I mean what’s the point of writing something if nobody will read it?
Later on, I’ve learned the key to a great SEO strategy is to research the words you are targeting before starting to write about something. And Keysearch is the most affordable tool to do that. Nobody will say no to one-year Keysearch subscription, and you can even use the KSDISC code to get 20% off.
As I’ve said before, a great Pinterest strategy will generate plenty of traffic and sales further along the line. But let’s face it, there are so many things a blogger has to do on a daily basis, that they don’t have time to be constantly on Pinterest.
Enter Tailwind. This is such a great tool that helps bloggers automize their Pinterest game, and do more with less time. I’ve been using it for some years now, but not to its fullest. Only after I’ve learned its value and how to properly use Tribes I’ve started seeing great results.
Canva Pro subscription
What’s a blog without nice pictures? And how can you stand out on Pinterest where there are millions and millions of pins.
Canva is so easy to use, has hundreds of free templates, and if you go for the Pro version, your friend will have access to thousands of free stock pictures, making it the cheapest stock image site.
Canva Pro is $9.95 per month when paid annually or $12.95 paid monthly.
Since we’re at this topic, let’s see some other popular alternatives for stock photos. They make all the difference in the world, and I bet any blogger out there uses them, no matter the niche.
Shutterstock – may be the most popular stock images site out there, on Shutterstock you’ll find tons of high-resolution amazing pictures. They have various plans you can choose from, depending on the blogger’s needs and your wallet. Check it out here!
Depositphotos – a cheaper option that provides great products as well, this is one site the has some great discount offers throughout the year.
External hard drive
I have mine with me all the time because I never know when I will need it to back up some of the pictures I take, especially on vacation.
You can never have enough storage, and an external hard drive is always a great gift for bloggers, and not only.
If you don’t know what Grammarly is, you probably are not writing as much as I do. It really doesn’t matter if English is your mother tongue or not, this app will help improve your spelling and writing.
I use it for a few years now and I couldn’t live without it! I’ve even recommended it to friends and my husband because you can literally use it anywhere: for writing emails, books, blog posts.
A nice planner
Even though I have lots of excel files where I keep my to-do list, keywords, plans, and all the other stuff I have, I always like to write things down as well. There’s something about writing things on paper that makes me more focused.
Whenever I attend a webinar or watch a tutorial I also write notes the old way, and I use all kinds of colorful sticky notes to remember what is where. Here’s one planner I absolutely love and looks great in pictures as well.
Business books for inspiration and motivation
I’m not a huge fan of this kind of book, but I must admit that sometimes reading something business-related could make a huge difference.
Buy one of the best selling books that other people found useful.
Or check out some of the best books about starting an online business:
- The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level
- Affiliate Marketing the Right Way
- How To Blog For Profit
- The 4-Hour Workweek
An online Yoga subscription
Working from home or remotely is great but can also get to your posture and back. That’s why I struggle to keep myself busy and try to do one yoga workout at least once every day.
Another great related gift would be a good yoga mat – I have this from Manduka Yoga and I absolutely love it! It is great because my hands don’t slide off it, and it offers great support no matter how hard the floor is.
PIN FOR LATER!