Are you finally making your way to that amazing Greek gem island that Santorini is? Do you only have 2 days in Santorini and want to make the best of it, tick off all the best attractions and things to do in such a short time? Follow my guide and I will help you achieve just that!
Some years ago we were trying to decide whether we should visit Crete, Santorini or Sicily in Italy for our summer vacation. I did a whole lot of research, compared prices, activities, and much more. However, we ended up choosing Santorini, I’m sure you understand why if you’re also planning to get there soon.
But before we dive into this 2 days in Santorini comprehensive itinerary, let’s set the basics – some useful information and resources you will find very useful.
This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. This helps keep our site running at no additional cost to you. We appreciate your support! Read more about it on our disclosure page here.
Here are my tips and important resources that will come in handy when you want to organize a trip to Greece or to Santotini:
- Book your flight by checking Skyscanner.com – this is an online agregator that will show you all the best combinations and will help you optimize prices and timetables.
- Discover Cars is a great aggregator that will help you find and book the best option for your trip, helping you save up to 70% on your car rental. They have a pretty good Cancellation policy that would give you options in case your flight or travel plans change Get the best offer here!
- Day trips and experiences can be easily booked through GetYourGuide – they have a wide selection of tours and a great cancellation policy that will offer you a full refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the tour. Get the best offer here!
- If you want an organized vacation and want to forget about haveing to think about timetables, flights, cars, accommodation, attractions, and what not, head over to Tourradar and book your next vacation. They have vacation options only for Santorini, but also packages including Athens and other islands from the Cyclades.
2 days in Santorini – a comprehensive itinerary
Now that you have some important information, let’s see some other things worth knowing for your Santorini trip.
Where to stay in Santorini
I have written some great guides that will help you choose the best place to stay in Santorini depending on your budget and desires:
- Top 10 luxury hotels in Santorini with private pools perfect for couples
- 11 charming and cheap hotels with caldera view
- Were to stay in Santorini – the absolute guide
- Where to stay in Santorini on a budget – cheap hotels in Santorini
- A dream list of the best options for Airbnb in Oia, Santorini
What to wear in Santorini
I know you will want to look your best on your Santorini vacation, and that’s why I’ve chosen some pretty and comfortable options for dresses to take with you.
I’m sure you will want to return from vacation with some amazing pictures and memories, that’s how I am as well and I always try to bring the perfect outfits.
Of course, anything would look good with Santorini as a background, but try to choose vivid colors, clothing with Greek patterns, white or blue.
Day 1 of your 2 days in Santorini itinerary
For your first day in Santorini, I suggest you should follow my 1 day in Santorini itinerary. It is a comprehensive guide, that will take you through most of the popular attractions of the island.
I’ve tried to make it extremely easy to follow, and also to organize, offering many options of activities and also ways of finding the best options.
Proposed itinerary: Akrotiri – Moni Profiti Ilia – Megalochori – Local winery – Thira – Oia
You might not have enough time to see both Thira and Oia properly in one day when you want to take it slow. That’s why, since you, either way, have 2 days, I would suggest stopping in Thira on your first night and coming back to Oia on your second day.
Book your car online and save up to 70%
Day 2 of your 2 days in Santorini itinerary
Volcano trip – Thirasia – Oia for sunset
Today you will get to explore the main reason why so many people come to Santorini: the volcano.
You can adapt my 3 days in Santorini itinerary to best suit your needs.
Wake up early in the morning, enjoy a delicious Greek breakfast (hopefully with a stunning view) and make your way to the port to travel by boat to the volcano island.
During our vacation to the crater, we climbed the volcano, had a dip in the thermal waters close by, and had a really authentic lunch at one of the tavernas on Therasia island.
It is worth knowing that you will need to bring comfortable sneakers and a lot of water, especially when you travel during hot summer days.
Make sure to check out these tour options that will include a part of our itinerary or all of it. Book in advance so that you can secure the best deal, and make sure you’ll have the whole trip planned.
You will be back on the main island in the afternoon and you will have enough time to get prepared for visiting Oia for sunset.
Oia is not such a big town and you will have enough time to explore it if you come here after your day on the volcano.
Read next: all the things to do and see in Oia
Book a restaurant for dinner way in advance, or simply grab a bottle of wine and head to the Byzantine Castle for one of the most perfect sunset viewpoints in town. Worth knowing is that even if you choose the second option, you will need to come at least one hour earlier if you want to catch a good spot.
Another thing I would consider in Oia, in particular, is booking a professional photographer for a photo session that will last forever.
I’ve invested a lot of time and money in my photo gear and I’m lucky to be able to take some pretty pictures myself, however not all people have that, and if you want to have couple of pictures that’s almost impossible without the help of a photographer.
What I love about Flytographer is that you have so many great local photographers to choose from, they know the region and when and where exactly to go for the perfect shot. On top of that, you see their previous work, choose from different types of packages depending on your budget and desires.
Alternatively, a sunset caldera cruise with dinner will give you the chance to enjoy a delightful evening on the sea, sailing through the blue waters with the cliffs filled with white and blue buildings on one side, and the volcano on the other. Check out this great option here!
Pin for later!